Map: Extranjería branches in Chile

How to apply for a Chilean visa from overseas

If you are not in Chile and need to apply for a visa to enter to Chile as a tourist or as a temporary resident, you must do it online through the website of Consular Procedures Online of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Chile. Once there, click on the flags to switch the language. […]

What documents you need to bring your cat or dog to Chile

The owners of cats and dogs must present one of the following authorized official sanitary documents, according to the case: Zoosanitary Export Certificate issued in Chile: valid for 21 días from its issuance until the date of the pet’s re-entry to Chile.  Foreign Official Zoosanitary Certificate: valid for 10 days from its issuance until the date of […]

Visa Programme Vacances et Travail (PVT)

[Note: We only provide advice in Spanish or English and not in French] L’accord sur le “Programme Vacances et Travail” signé entre les gouvernements de la France et du Chili en juin 2015, autorise les jeunes entre 18 et 30 ans révolus à demeurer sur le territoire chilien, sous certaines conditions pendant un an maximum, avec des […]

Working Holiday Visa for Austrian nationals

The Working Holiday Program signed between Chile and Austria on October 24, 2017, serves to promote mutual understanding by offering young Chilean and Austrian nationals the chance to get to know the culture, everyday life and working life of the other country during a holiday stay. Young people between the ages of 18 and 30 […]

RUN, RUT, Carnet, Carné…What’s the difference?

RUN (“Rol Único Nacional”) It is the unique and unrepeatable identification number that every Chilean has, whether residing in Chile or not, as well as every foreigner remaining temporary or definitely in Chile (25.XXX.XXX – X). The organism in Chile in charge of granting the RUN (shown in the “cédula de identidad”) is the Civil Registry […]

Working Holiday Visa for Danish nationals

The Working Holiday Program was established in order to give young people from Chile and Denmark a chance to experience each other’s culture and way of life. Those who qualify for the program obtain a residence permit for a maximum of 12 months. The primary purpose of your stay must be holiday, but you may […]

Remaining in Chile after your visa has expired

If you remain in Chile after your tourist or temporary visa has expired you won’t be able to leave the country. In order to do so, you will have to pay the fine determined by the following chart: Days Voluntary presentation Denounce made by Int. Police Voluntary presentation (recidivist) Denounce made by Int. Police (recidivist) […]

Working Holiday Visa for New Zealanders

The Working Holiday Visa will be valid for a period of twelve (12) months from the arrival date into Chilean territory. This visa allows applicants to travel and work in short-term employment during their stay in Chile. You are allowed to work up to 6 months with the same employer. Please note that the Chilean […]

Work and Holiday Visa for Australians

Participants will be able to engage in paid non-permanent employment, as well as pursuing studies or training. In each case, maximum time per activity is three months. Visa validity Participants shall be entitled to a Multiple Entry visa valid for a period of twelve (12) months from date of first entry to Chile. Requirements Age between eighteen […]