Work and Holiday Visa for Australians
Participants will be able to engage in paid non-permanent employment, as well as pursuing studies or training. In each case, maximum time per activity is three months.
Participants shall be entitled to a Multiple Entry visa valid for a period of twelve (12) months from date of first entry to Chile.
- Age between eighteen (18) and thirty (30) years inclusive at the time of visa application
- Holder of tertiary education qualifications, or have satisfactorily completed or have been approved to undertake a third year of undergraduate university studies.
- Functional proficiency in Castellan language (Spanish), assessed at the Consulate.
- Not to have dependent children
- Holder of passport valid for at least a year
- Two-way (return) travel ticket (or sufficient funds to purchase such a ticket)
- Proof of reasonable funds for living during the initial stay in Chile, evaluated by the Consul
- Health Certificate stating not suffering from any contagious/infectious diseases
- To hold an International Medical Insurance
- Police Report with no record
- Letter from the Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs of Australia (DIMA) confirming the applicant’s requirement´s fulfilment and selection to participate in the Program. This document is requested at DIMA, Canberra.
Direct enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Photocopy of a Valid Passport which original should be presented on the day for Visa issuance (pages of identification and proof of Australian residence).
- Original tertiary qualifications, issued by an accredited institution.
- Police Clearance Certificate (requested from the Police in your State of Residence (expires within 90 days from date of Issue).
- Original Health Certificate (model enclosed), signed and stamped by an authorized Physician, stating that the applicant is free from any contagious/infectious disease, and in good health compatible with the activities which will be undertaken in Chile.
- Medical Insurance, valid for at least a year from the date of entry.
- One recent passport-size photograph.
- Letter from the Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs.
- Original proof that the applicant has reasonable funds for living during the first three months in Chile (Bank Statements, Centre Link Payments whilst overseas,or of the family, if supported by parents).
- A Statutory Declaration stating that applicant does not have any dependent children.
- Original Birth Certificate (Full Copy, and NOT the Extract).
Visa applications to be presented in Australia by the applicant through the website of Consular Procedures Online: https://tramites.minrel.gov.cl.
The Consulate-General will acknowledge receipt of the arrival of the visa application complete file with originals, via email to the address supplied by the applicant.
Review and Approval of Requirements will follow in due course (10-15 working days), at which time a short interview appointment will be allocated, and Visa approved if requirements are met (Chilean Consulates are located in Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney).
Visa application will be processed within 10 to 15 working days from approval.
Applicant will be allocated an appointment for Visa Issuing (Payment, Signing, Fingerprinting of Immigration Visa Forms and collect Passport with Visa).
Chilean Honorary Consulate in Brisbane
Address: 87 Lyndale Street, Daisy Hill, QLD 4127, Australia.
Chilean Consulate in Canberra
Address: 10 Culgoa Circuit O’Malley, ACT 2606, Australia.
Opening hours: Monday to Friday from 09:00 to 13:00.
Chilean Consulate in Melbourne
Address: 390 St Kilda Road, 13th floor, Melbourne, VIC 3004, Australia.
Telephone: +61-3-98664041 / +61-3-98668358
E-mail: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Opening hours: Monday to Friday from 09:00 to 14:00.
Chilean Honorary Consulate in Perth
Address: 275 Stirling Street, P.O. Box 2144 Marmion, Perth, WA 6020, Australia.
Chilean Consulate in Sydney
Address: 44 Market Street, 18th Floor, Office N° 1803, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia.
Telephone: +61-2-9299-2533 / +61-2-9299-2862
E-mail: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Opening hours: Monday to Friday from 09:30 to 14:00.
Requirements and information for Australian citizens for a Work & Holiday Visa to Chile – WORK HOLIDAYS for Australians, Requirements
Health Certificate for resident visa – FormatoFormulario MEDICO Visaciones