▷ How to make an appointment for Extranjería
Please note: We are not Extranjería nor PDI
What do you need an appointment for?
- To extend the validity of the resolution that states that your Permanent Residency application is being processed (“Ampliación de solicitud de Permanencia Definitiva en trámite”): If you live within the Metropolitan Region, you now can do it online: http://tramites.extranjeria.gob.cl
- To extend the validity of the resolution that states that your visa application is being processed (“Ampliación de solicitud de Visa en trámite”): If you live within the Metropolitan Region, you now can do it online: http://tramites.extranjeria.gob.cl
- To extend your tourist visa for another 90 days – paying US$100 – (“Ampliación de turismo”).
- To obtain a permission to work as a tourist (“Autorización de trabajo como Turista”): If you live within the Metropolitan Region, you now can do it online: http://tramites.extranjeria.gob.cl
- To obtain a permission to work while your visa application is being processed (“Autorización de trabajo con visa en trámite”): If you live within the Metropolitan Region, you now can do it online: http://tramites.extranjeria.gob.cl
- To collect your Permanent Residency Certificate (“Entrega de Certificado de Permanencia Definitiva”)
- To collect a payment order when you paid more than you should (for a visa – PR – fine – work permit) (“Entrega de Certificados de Devolución de dinero”)
- To stamp your visa (“Estampado de visa en pasaporte”)
- To extend your tourist visa when it was granted for less than 90 days (“Prórroga de Turismo”)
- To obtain a new payment order when the first one expired (“Reimpresiones de Órdenes de Pago”): You can now do it online: https://tramites.extranjeria.gob.cl/
- To calculate the amount of the fine to pay (for employers) (“Cálculo del monto de la multa para solicitar vale vista bancario (para empleadores)”)
- To collect the resolution stating that the fine has been paid (for employers)(“Entrega de Vale Vista y emisión de resolución de sanción pagada (para empleadores)”)
- To calculate the amount of the fine to pay (for foreigners) (“Cálculo de la multa para solicitar Vale Vista en Banco (para extranjeros)”): If you live within the Metropolitan Region, you now can do it online: https://tramites.extranjeria.gob.cl/
- To collect the resolution stating that the fine has been paid (for foreigners) (“Entrega de Vale Vista y emisión de resolución de sanción pagada (para extranjeros)”)
- For Residency Titles (“Títulos de Residencia”)
- To transfer your current visa to a new passport (“Traspaso de visa”)
If you live outside the Metropolitan Region and the Antofagasta Region, you should add “Visa application” to the list. In that case, you will have to make an appointment in order to apply for the visa at your nearest “Gobernación Provincial“, taking with you the documents needed the day of the appointment.
Extranjería's booking system
Extranjería’s booking system is currently available for the following Regions:
- Tarapacá Region
- Antofagasta Region
- Atacama Region
- Coquimbo Region
- Valparaíso Region
- Libertador General Bernardo O’Higgins Region
- Maule Region
- Bío-Bío Region
- Araucanía Region
- Los Lagos Region
- Aysén del General Carlos Ibáñez del Campo Region
- Magallanes y de la Antártica Chilena Region
- Metropolitan Region
- Los Ríos Region
- Arica y Parinacota Region
- Ñuble Region
If your Region, commune or “trámite” (process) is not showing, you will have to concur in person to your closest “Gobernación Provincial” and get it done there.
Creating an account on the Extranjería's booking system
Once there, click on “Registrarse“:
On the following page, you must check the box on the left side of the screen “Acepto las condiciones de uso“:
Only after you check the box you will be able to fill the form on the right side of the screen called “Registro de nuevo usuario“, where you will have to enter the following information:
Tipo de documento de identificación: Identification document type (Passport or ID Card) [“Pasaporte Ordinario / Cédula de Identidad”]; AND,
Número de Documento: Document number; AND,
Fecha de vencimiento: Expiry date of the document; AND,
Nombres: Names; AND,
Apellido 1: First Surname; AND,
Apellido 2: Second Surname; AND,
Correo electrónico: E-mail address; AND,
Confirmar Correo electrónico: Confirm your e-mail address; AND,
Nacionalidad: Nationality; AND,
Fecha de nacimiento: Date of birth.
Once completed, click on “Registrar” and a message will pop up saying “Registro completado” (“Registration completed”).
Right after that, you will receive an e-mail with a provisional password and the link to log in into Extranjería’s booking system.
You have created your account and you are ready to book your appointment.
How to make an appointment for Extranjería
To make an appointment, go to: https://reservahora.extranjeria.gob.cl/ingreso and enter your e-mail address and provisional password. If you are entering for the first time, you will be asked to change your password to one of your choice.
Once you have logged in, make sure that your Region is the right one, by clicking on the top right of the window, on the button called “TRÁMITES ASOCIADOS A” :
By clicking on “TRÁMITES ASOCIADOS A” you will see a list with the Regions. Select yours:
After choosing your Region, select from the list the process (“trámite”) you need:
You will find what are the requirements for the process you selected from the list:
Lastly, select the office to which you will be going the day of the appointment:
If there are slots available you will see a calendar like the one below. You will have to click on top of one (green = available):
Once you are ready, confirm the appointment. You will be directed to a new window with the receipt, which you will have to print or at least save on your computer (you have to print it and take a copy with you the day of the appointment):
No appointments available?
If you don’t find any appointments available, you MUST register into the waiting list, named “ASIGNACIÓN AUTOMATIZADA DE CITAS” (before: Lista de Espera):
Once you do, you will be notified by e-mail when a time slot has been assigned to you, taking into account the office you selected and your place on the waiting list.
Right after registering into the waiting list, you will receive an e-mail like the one below, confirming it:
The day in which an appointment has been assigned to you, you will be notified by e-mail, with a message like the one below:
You must print this e-mail and take it with you the day of the appointment.
Getting out of the waiting list
If you change your mind and decide to get out of the waiting list in order to try luck (which we don’t recommend), you can do so by clicking on “Eliminarme de asignación automatizada de citas”:
Uppercase - Lower case
The system distinguishes lowercase and uppercase as if they were different accounts.
Open a new incognito window and try again.
Try from another device
If you are trying from a PC, try from a smartphone or vice versa.
Contact the Immigration Department
If nothing worked, we suggest you to contact the Immigration Department directly by filling the following form: https://siac.interior.gob.cl/formulario.gov?accion=ingresa or by contacting them via Twitter: https://twitter.com/DptoExtranjeria
Is there a specific day or hour in which new time slots are released?
Unfortunately, there is not. The Immigation Departament via their official Twitter account has confirmed it. They have also advised to register into the waiting list if you don’t find any appointments available.